Polarization and Ray Splitting
This course will describe the tools for polarization and will then look at what happens when a ray splits.
About This Course
This course includes the following content:
- Polarization Ray Tracing & Thin Film Coatings
- Reminder of polarization
- Tools to analyze polarization in OpticStudio
- Thin Film coatings: how does it work in OpticStudio
- Ray Splitting
- What happens when a ray splits?
- X Cube Prism Example
- Example to use our new knowledge on Polarization Ray Tracing & Thin Film Coatings
- Simple Ray Splitting
- Before we get started....
- 1. Specifying the Electric Field
- 2. Jones Matrix
- 3. How can we read E?
- 4. Polarization at an Interface: S and P
- 5. Reflection and Transmission
- 6. Example of Reflection and Transmission
- 7. Polarization Aberrations
- Quiz on Polarization
Thin Film Coatings
- 8. Introduction on Coatings in OpticStudio
- 9. Coating Layers
- 10. Coating Layers - Demonstration
- 11. Ideal Coatings
- 12. Table Coatings
- 13. Encrypted Coatings
- 14. Summary on Coatings
- Quiz on Coatings
- 15. What is the Face of an Object?
- 16. Applying properties to a Face
- 17. Defining Profiles
- 18. What happens when a ray hits a Face?
- 19. Simple Ray Splitting
- 20. What is a X-Cube Prism?
- 21. Polygon Object
- 22. Set-up
- 23. Adding Coatings
- 24. Characterizing and Optimizing Color
- 25. Reference Object
Test your knowledge!
- Polarization and Ray Splitting - Test your knowledge!