6. Diffraction, MTF, and Image Simulation
This course offers a review of diffraction theory and the different domains of validity of OpticStudio analyses. It also includes an example of how to design a Double Gauss for specific MTF targets, and how to use Image Simulation to visualize pictures as imaged through the modelled system.
About This Course
This course includes the following content:
- Review of diffraction theory
- PSF, MTF and Strehl ratio
- Double Gauss design
- Designing with MTF targets
- Ray aiming
- Image simulation
Buying this course individually provides 5-day access to the online training platform.
- 6.1 Diffraction, MTF and image quality
Double Gauss design
- 6.2 Double Gauss design
- 6.2.1 Double Gauss design
- 6.3 Double Gauss follow up and key takeaways
- 6.4 Image simulation
- 6.4.1 Image simulation
- 6.5 Practice time: image simulation with different tests detector
Test your knowledge!
- 6.6 Diffraction, MTF, and Image Simulation - Test your knowledge