at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax Europe - London-Stansted airport area, UK
Who we are and what we do:
Zemax empowers thousands of optical engineers to bring new technologies to life. As the global leader in optical and illumination design software, Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space, from virtual reality systems to moon exploration to extreme-sport videos to self-driving cars to digital retina mapping. There is a reason that 50% of all optical engineering jobs require Zemax software experience!
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical design space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last four years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. The recent strategic investment by Arlington Capital Partners positions the company to triple our sales in the next 3-5 years. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, and Japan.
OpticStudio is the industry standard for design and simulation software for optical and illumination designers, engineers, and researchers worldwide. In early 2016 we launched LensMechanix, a SolidWorks add-in to enable mechanical engineers to seamlessly package optical systems in the environment they know best. As always, we're focused on decreasing time to market, enabling faster turn-around from concept to product development.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Who will love this role:
Zemaxers flourish in a team-centric environment and are visionary when it comes to what is possible through process improvements, automation and product management. You look at the challenging-but-achievable projects and don't feel daunted, but inspired. You see change and experimentation as something positive, and enjoy being part of a team with diverse backgrounds.
We're looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven, Constantly Improving, Problem-Solvers, Super Smart and all around Fun.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it's like to work at Zemax!
Revenue Department Overview:
Do you have high energy and love to win? Do you enjoy working with both your left-brain and your right? Well, then we want you on the Zemax sales team! We pride ourselves on keeping our focus on the customer and their needs, while at the same time creating a fun, challenging, rewarding culture to thrive in. We are looking for data-driven people who have a little mad-scientist in them when it comes to understanding pipelines and sales strategies, while at the same time able to be a part of a friendly, but competitive team environment. If you don't like change, this is not the place for you! Only adaptable and flexible people who enjoy challenges such as rolling out new products and adapting to new sales strategies have what it takes to be a member of the Zemax sales team. If the above describes you, we'd love to hear from you.
This role will be part of the EMEA Revenue Team, reporting to the EMEA Head of Sales & Marketing.
- Attend on Site customer visit and manage the associated customer visit report.
- Be the go-to technical resource to the Zemax Revenue team for Zemax Virtual Prototyping (incl. OpticStudio and LensMechanix solutions), providing messaging, positioning to Zemax EMEA customers. This includes helping Sales progress opportunities through our Revenue funnel via on-call conversations and demonstrations.
- Capture the voice of customer and market requirements by meeting with existing and new customers at trade shows, account visits, and other Zemax events.
- Gather competitive intelligence, including a working knowledge of competitor's products, features, strategies, and pricing.
- Manage the technical content of RFI and RFP documentations and processes.
- Provide pre-sale demonstrations of OpticStudio and LensMechanix to potential new customers, and generate pre-sale content to show how Zemax Virtual Prototyping can help our customers reduce their time to market.
- Maintain close contact and assist in building strong relationship with Zemax Customers.
A high performer can look forward to:
- Help EMEA achieve the next level of revenue growth.
- Participate and assist to the growth success of our major European customers.
- Create and build Technical relationships at senior level
- Successfully help drive the positioning and the implementation of ZVP
- Work closely with the Revenue Leadership to help drive the technical aspect of Zemax Solution Sale
- Be a pivotal role between Product Management and Research & Development to better our solution.
- Become the technical voice of our customer's requests
- Ultimately grow to become a Zemax Trusted advisor within our Strategic Account base.