at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemaxers are driven, fun problem solvers who are supersmart! We are always looking for people that are highly self-motived and excited about building something together.
Sound like you? Please introduce yourself!
Who we are and what we do:
Zemax empowers thousands of optical engineers to bring new technologies to life. As the global leader in optical and illumination design software, Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space, from virtual reality systems to moon exploration to extreme-sport videos to self-driving cars to digital retina mapping. There is a reason that 50% of all optical engineering jobs require Zemax software experience!
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical design space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last four years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. The recent strategic investment by Arlington Capital Partners positions the company to triple our sales in the next 3-5 years. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, and Japan, and will continue to open additional geographic offices in 2016.
OpticStudio is Zemax's core product, the industry standard for design and simulation software for optical and illumination designers, engineers, and researchers worldwide.
In early 2020 we launched OpticBuilder, a SolidWorks & CREO add-in to enable mechanical engineers to seamlessly package optical systems in the environment they know best. As always, we're focused on decreasing time to market, enabling faster turn-around from concept to product development.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries at over 7,500 companies in 80 countries across a wide variety of end markets including aerospace, defense, medical/life sciences, instrumentation, optics and lighting.
Account Renewals Executive
You are responsible for driving sales of Zemax products within a set TIER III accounts. The AE will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, discovery, negotiation and customer care across a given territory and will work very closely with the Account Manager and the New Business Development Manager assigned to that territory. Although this is a junior sales position, the right individual will play an integral part in the overall success of the sales team.
This important role reports to the EMEA Director of Sales & Marketing based in Stansted, UK.
- Become an expert in the features & value propositions of Zemax design solutions
- Proactively qualify leads and run new business sales cycles from end to end.
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects.
- Confidentially identify customer pain points and deliver the optimal solutions.
- Acquire new business & renew existing licenses within assigned accounts.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records within CRM.
- Conduct high volume communication via phone, email & online demo.
- Ensure world-class customer success is delivered to every account regardless of company size.
- Develop and execute account strategies to ensure the customer perception of value leads to license renewal and expansion.
- Hunting for new revenue opportunities is what you love to do, inbound leads are just the icing.
- Learn all stages of our sales cycle and how to advance the sale using activities & resources.
- Ability to develop and manage multiple relationships, selling to all levels within an organization.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge Zemax best practices across a variety of industries & verticals.
- Someone who brings ideas and a positive attitude to the table. Not afraid of new challenges.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills to interact with senior level contacts.
- Knowledge of CRM software and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Someone who wants to play a key role in shaping the future of our sales organization
- Bachelor's degree.
- Working Knowledge of French and German would be an advantage
Zemax offers competitive benefits and a fun work environment. Check us out on Glassdoor!