Director Customer Success
at Zemax (View all jobs)
US, UK or Germany
Director of Customer Success
Direct Report: Chief Revenue Officer
As the Director of Customer Success, you will lead a high performing, global team of Customer Success professionals in 6 countries to enable our customers to successfully use our software. You will be accountable for the successful implementation of Customer Success processes, practices, policies, and outcomes to maximize achievement of our business goals. These include customer satisfaction, customer retention, identifying sales opportunity, delivering customer insights to the Product Management team, defining processes and systems to automate and scale the technical support processes.
As a member of the Zemax Leadership Team, you will partner with other Zemax Directors and their teams to achieve overall Zemax goals.
- 10+ years of experience in B2B technical software support and customerrelationship management
- Experience understanding customer's design goals and workflow while assisting them achieve their optimal outcomes
- BS/MS in Engineering /Science (or related field)
- 3+ years of experience managing team(s)
- Strong familiarity with technical supportâ€¯and churn management processes and tools
- An Excellent People and Project Manager
- Able to communicate effectively and coach your team to adopt new work practices
- Great when engaging with customers.
- Skilled at balancing customer and business needsto drive mutually beneficial outcomes
- Driven to optimize NPS
- Skilled at identifying work activities that can be automated and/or scaled up effectively
- Collaborative by nature, and adept at working with multiple functions (Sales, Product, Marketing, Finance) to achieve corporate goals
YOUR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the transformation of the CS organization from a tech support team to becoming a true customer proactive and success organization focused on delivering mutually beneficial outcomes for the customer and for Zemax
- Define and lead the CS team in managing the customer journey, from onboarding to renewal, to maximize customer retention and optimize NPS
- Ensure customers get effective product training and technical help in an efficient and scalable manner
- Lead the CS team in identifying sales opportunities/threats for Sales partners follow-up
- Identify customer usage patterns and market trends for Product partners
- Responsible for hiring/coaching/developing the CS team to be world class in CS practices in line with approved budget
- Your job includes occasional travel, budget and strategic planning responsibilities, and you will oversee ~4 managers and ~25 CS team members
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Zemax develops and markets optical simulation software that are used by engineering enterprises around the world to design and build sophisticated optical products. Machine vision, minimally invasive surgical systems, automotive auto-steering cameras, astronomical telescopes, surveillance systems, augmented reality headsets - all benefit from the use of Zemax software during the design process. Zemax is a leader in the imaging software industry and is looking to grow double-digits in the next few years.