Field Marketing Manager - Americas
at Zemax (View all jobs)
The Field Marketing Manager (FMM) is responsible for building awareness and generating demand for Zemax products in the Americas Region. In this role, the FMM works closely with the Sales Director for the Region to develop and execute regional field marketing campaigns to generate and nurture quality leads for the Region to achieve annual sales goals and within assigned budget. The FMM tracks industry trends/forecasts to determine regional growth opportunities, designs and executes appropriate marketing activities to generate demand, and monitors the effectiveness of programs in generating sales pipeline to adjust/optimize outcomes. While the FMM is responsible for the management and execution of all marketing activities across region, he/she works closely with corporate functions (product marketing, marketing operations, website, etc.) to communicate product value propositions consistent with Zemax brand/positioning/messaging. The FMM also shares ideas/learns from other Regional FMMs for coordinated success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Define & Execute Regional Marketing Strategy
- Determine appropriate portfolio of marketing activities within allocated budget to generate sufficient leads to achieve regional sales goals by Quarter and by Product
- Work with Regional sales, Product, Corporate Marketing and Regional Customer Success teams to execute a coordinated set of marketing campaigns on schedule
- Assess effectiveness of campaigns on ongoing basis and adjust as needed to maximize outcomes
- Work with the Product Marketing team to create and execute go-to-market plans to ensure the effective launch of a new product, product update release, product bundle or add-on module.
- Leverage beta-customer feedback, pre-release testimonials to promote product upon release
- Manage the identification, creation, and distribution of launch assets for use by regional sales and CS teams.
- Update Regional Sales and CS teams with product launch plans regularly and with sufficient notice.
Regional Field Marketing
- Regional Events: In coordination with Regional Sales and CS teams, determine the most effective and important events and venues to be present (including virtual events, trade shows, customer conferences, customer hosted onsite events, lunch-and-learn seminars, etc.). Devise tactical plan for marketing at each event to deliver our message to participants effectively. Oversee event management, logistics and delivery. Report effectiveness and lessons learned.
- Account Based Marketing (ABM): Work with Product Marketing and Key Account Managers to execute appropriate Account Based Marketing campaigns.
- Social Media: Develop and implement a regional social media strategy in partnership with Corporate Marketing. Drive the use of appropriate regional social media to create community and engagement with business partners and stakeholders. Ensure effective creation and execution of social content and adherence to brand guidelines. Monitor social media to identify potential bloggers/ambassadors with high social influence. Partner with Sales Managers to create social and digital campaigns that align with sales goals and promotional calendar to drive inbound traffic.
- Advertising/Editorial: Determine appropriate and cost effective, regional advertising strategy targeting key audiences and advertising vehicles (print & digital). Maintain ad placement schedule, according to product priorities, retaining suitable flexibility where appropriate. Allocate advertising spend within agreed budgets. Negotiate the best rates to maximize value.
Planning & Reporting
- Prepare and disseminate strategies and operational plans across the business, stimulating all teams.
- Produce a detailed monthly KPI report on region's marketing activities.
- Maintain examples of activities, good and effective practice. Undertake regular â€˜post-implementation reviews' to determine success factors for future consideration.
- Track, research and report on Industry forecasts, trade association outlooks, regional business outlook, etc. for sales management and corporate marketing functions.
- Manage communications across all relevant stakeholder teams (incl. partners/resellers)
- Budget Management: Prepare annual plan in line with assigned budget and adjust as needed throughout the year to optimize outcomes while staying on budget.
- BA in Business or Marketing, Postgraduate or Professional Qualification preferred (3+ years experience)
- Must be knowledgeable and passionate about digital and social media.
- Proven interpersonal influence and presentation skills
- Experience in collaborating with other departments to advance business success
- Demonstrable creativity and ability to think differently
- Articulate, numerate, literate, and creative with exceptional attention to detail
JOB SKILLS & TRAITS
- Commercial awareness
- Drive for excellent results
- Influencing skills
- Planning and organizing
- Clear oral communication
- Cooperative teamwork
- Clear written communication
- Strategic vision
- Customer focused
- Integrity and respect for others
- Analytical problem-solving
- Coping with pressure
- Technological orientation
This job will require occasional travel when applicable.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
Zemax develops and markets optical simulation software that is used by engineering enterprises around the world to design and build sophisticated optical products. The cameras on the Mars Rover, the laparoscopes and endoscopes used by surgeons, the optical sensors that help steer automobiles to stay in lane, the telescopes that allow astronomers to peer into the farthest corners of the Universe, the cool new Augmented Reality headsets (AR) etc., all benefit from the use of Zemax software during the design process. Zemax offers the industry leading optical design software OpticStudio® as well as the innovative OpticsBuilderâ„¢ which moves the optical design into the CAD arena, empowering mechanical engineers to design and validate packaging for optical systems, and OpticsViewerâ„¢ - a lightweight viewer for downstream users. Our customers use our software to beat their competitors through faster times to market, decreased costs, and improved optical system performance. Zemax is the only company that offers optical, mechanical, structural, and thermal engineers the ability to work together with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.