Solutions Engineer - Europe
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax Germany - Munich, Germany
Solutions Engineer (SE)
Direct Report: Director of Sales - Europe
Job Category: Exempt (Salary)
We are looking for a proven Solutions Engineer (SE) who will provide technical leadership throughout multiple sales channels. You will serve as a trusted solution and technical advisor during the sales process and provide expertise that ensures successful software deployment and adoption.
For the right candidate, this is a career-defining opportunity to join us at a critical moment and truly have a significant impact. A proven track record of technical leadership, outstanding customer-facing skills, as well as consultative solution sales experience is required. This high-profile role is preferably based in Munich reporting to the Director of Sales in Europe.
- Software / SaaS, technical pre-sales (SE) experience.
- Experience with CAD software â€“ SolidWorks, Creo, Autodesk, Etc.
- 4+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, Solution Architect, or related field in the SaaS and/or enterprise software industry
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required.
- Experience in Optics industry or Optics degree preferred
Job Skills & Traits
- Passion for working with web-based technologies and desire a deep understanding of functionality, use cases, as well as business and technical elements.
- Able to articulate technology and product features and benefits, as well as positioning to both business and technical users
- Experience in solution design or solution architecting.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end user personnel in large enterprises
- Fluent in English and German
- Ability to quickly build credibility, as well as understand and resolve customer technical issues
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the technical content of customer RFI and RFP documentations and processes.
- Maintain close contact and assist in building strong relationship with Zemax Customers understanding the Industry use cases to improve Zemax customer acquisition and retention.
- Work closely with the Zemax Customer Success organization as customers work through the buyer/customer journey to become long term Zemax customers.
- Capture the voice of customer and market requirements by meeting with existing and new customers at trade shows, account visits, and other Zemax events.
- Gather competitive intelligence, including a working knowledge of competitor's products, features, strategies, and pricing.
- Provide pre-sale demonstrations of all Zemax products, such as OpticStudio & OpticsBuilder to potential new customers. Generate pre-sale content to show how Zemax Solutions can help our customers improve their optical product design workflow enabling them to improve product quality, be more cost effective and/or reduce their time to market.
- Attend on-site and virtual customer visits and manage the associated customer visit follow-up.
- Be the go-to technical resource to the Zemax Revenue team for all Zemax Solution offerings, providing messaging, positioning to Zemax America's customers. This includes helping Sales progress opportunities through our Revenue funnel via on-call conversations and demonstrations.
Any travel involved? Up to 40% - Very limited during COVID pandemic
Any financial/budgetary responsibility? Travel budget
Strategic planning responsibilities? Yes
Number of staff reporting to this position. 0