Sales Operations Manager / Sr. Sales Operations Manager
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
Sales Operations Manager or Sr. Sales Operations Manager
The Zemax Revenue team is looking for an experienced, analytical, data-driven, and self-directed Sales Operations Manager to own our global IT technology stack necessary to run our sales organization efficiently and help us reach the next stage of growth for our business.
As the owner of the sales infrastructure, you will define and drive our technology strategy and team processes, enable and educate our internal stakeholders, and be responsible for the accuracy and quality of data.
In this exciting opportunity, you'll work across the global organization with key business stakeholders to develop, monitor, and own the operational processes, data and analytics tools, metrics dashboards, and performance reports marketing uses to optimize for aggressive acquisition, retention, and growth goals.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in â€œfrom-scratchâ€ analysis creation. They will be knowledgeable of best practices when creating dashboards and summaries tailored to the audience, generating clean, simple deliverables which focus on findings and takeaways, and using automation and integration wherever possible to automate reporting and minimize manual recurring processes.
If you are comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and you're looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak to you!
- Perform planning, budgeting, and analysis for the sales organization.
- Create sales and revenue forecasts using pipeline analysis, booking estimates, and key sales performance indicators.
- Collect and analyze data related to sales trends, pricing, performance metrics, market share, and other salesâ€related statistics that drive sales performance.
- Produce reports that provide insight and guidance to management for sales strategy development and maximum sales efficiency.
- Review sales operating expenses and develop tools to measure expenditures.
- Work closely with finance to create effective, strategic, and competitive sales proposals. May prepare commissions and incentives budgets and programs in the absence of a sales commission analyst.
- Careerâ€level professional within field. Considered highly skilled and proficient in discipline. Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- 5-7+ years of experience - Typically requires a bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Data-driven thinker and storyteller who loves finding the details and seeing the trends in facts and statistics, and putting it all together into insights that enlighten
- Ability to strategize, develop, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Strong creative problem solving, analytical skills, communication skills, and extreme attention to detail
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective business processes and managing cross functional projects
- Must have proven experience and expertise with CRM solutions, Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, and familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint & Microsoft Word. Proactive, bias to action mindset. Seeks out business questions and works to translate them into actionable insights. Comfort with iterating in chunks and avoids delays due to analysis paralysis.
- Ability to effectively interact with Sr. level roles at the VP/Director level
Zemax enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through Zemax Virtual Prototyping: a range of our products and design methodologies that allows cross-functional engineering teams to get products to market faster.
Our vision is that our customers will realize faster times to market, reduced costs, and improved internal processes. Zemax is the only company that offers optical engineers and mechanical engineers the ability to work together collaboratively with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical product space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.