Human Resources Director
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax HQ - Kirkland, WA
Human Resources Director
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical design space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. Since being acquired by EQT Partners in 2018, the company is looking to double or triple our sales in the next 3-5 years. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has additional offices in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Due to our ongoing growth we are looking for an experienced HR Director to provide strategic HR leadership in an international organization. The HR Director will manage all of the company's human resource functions including proactive planning and execution of organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition and development, performance management, total rewards and recognition, compensation, benefits, and workforce training. This position reports directly to the CEO and will work out of our Kirkland, WA office.
Zemax provides an exciting and innovative work environment, competitive compensation, generous time off, and a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability, 401k match). We are a company where every individual makes an impact, and you get to work with a diverse group of passionate people developing tools that are changing the way optical products are designed.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a strategic partner to the management team, including identifying opportunities/issues and proposing/executing solutions to achieve long-term objectives.
- Serve as a business partner to management by identifying and addressing (via HR initiatives) human resource issues significant to the achievement of plans and objectives.
- Provide company-wide leadership around organizational development, training, and change management efforts.
- Manage programs and processes for recruitment, selection, and retention of staff at all levels to meet short term and long term needs of the organization.
- Manage compensation programs, policies and processes to maintain internal equity and external market competitiveness within a framework that is based on a compensation philosophy and strategies approved by leadership team.
- Manage employee benefit programs, policies and processes to ensure the organization has a benefits program in place that is competitive and meets the needs of employees balanced with a budget and in compliance with federal and state law/regulations.
- Manage leaves of absence policies and processes in accordance with federal and state law/regulation.
- Guide and support the management team in anticipating, identifying, and facilitating timely resolution of employee relations issues on an as needed basis.
- Oversee and manage employee grievance resolution process.
- Live the Zemax values (Drive for outcomes, Willingness to improve, Solve problems, Smart, Fun and Honesty) and lead the amplification of these values throughout the company.
The successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- 10+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience in HR (or related field) in multi-national, high-tech, B2B organizations. Experience managing HR across different geographic locations.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development or related business field; Master's degree, or an MBA with a focus on HR preferred.
- Successful track record as an HR professional with involvement in organizational design and development, employee relations, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, employee training and development, and implementing change initiatives.
- Strong coaching and consulting skills. Effective facilitation skills with groups and/or individuals; ability to leverage such skills within training, team development, and conflict resolution.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills. Ability to drive key messages to all stakeholders, with demonstrated experience in leading internal organizational communication strategies.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and lead others who may not report to this position. Effective in interactions at all levels of the company.
- Opportunity to occasionally travel internationally
- SPHR, SHRM-SCP, or GPHR certification strongly preferred
- Experience with HR practices in the engineering software industry and/or private equity backed business preferred
- Previous leadership experience in a growing business preferred
The salary range for this position is $120,000 to $140,000 (DOE) with a bonus potential of 8%. To learn more about Zemax, please visit our website at www.zemax.com.
Zemax has a strong organizational commitment to building a diverse workforce.