New Business Development Manager - US
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
New Business Development Manager
The Zemax Americas Revenue team is looking for an experienced New Business Development Manager that will be to drive sales of Zemax solutions and services to new customers in various verticals across the region.
You want to take your career in a new and exciting direction! You love identifying companies and customer groups which crave state of the art optical design software! If you love selling technology and software, why not bring that passion to Zemax.
Zemax is the leading optical and illumination design software used by thousands of professional optical designers and engineers worldwide, including optics academics and scientific research and design organizations such as NASA.
Zemax is looking to hire a New Business Development Manager that possess a strong, demonstrable background in scientific or the technical software industries to be responsible for growing and expanding our already prestigious customer base in North America.
As part of your role, you will be a focused strategic advisor, consultant and client advocate. You will report to the America's Sales Director and be a strategic member of the Zemax sales team. As a trusted advisor and liaison you will be responsible for identifying and assessing new client's critical needs and work with decision makers and influencing groups to create solutions and drive customer buying decisions. You will work with and develop new leads to identify new customers, users, new applications, and sales opportunities. You are adept at preparing and presenting technical and analytical information to clients, evidencing strong professional demeanor and extensive product knowledge with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with development, engineering, marketing and administrative team members.
Your experience will include:
- Effectively forecast and track sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success leveraging a CRM
- Execute a complex, solution-based consultative sales process encompassing multiple groups within an organization.
- History of over achieving quarterly and annual quotas
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high potential departments and sub-organizations within large business sectors
- Possess the proven ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate business value; exceptional ability to succinctly sell the ROI of technical and scientific products as well as solutions
- Execute end-to-end sales activities, including: lead generation, prospecting, opportunity qualification, and engagement throughout the sales process to closure.
- Minimum of 3 years of scientific, engineering or technical software sales experience.
- Positive can do attitude with a â€œHuntingâ€ ethos; win-win mentality with exceptional communication and influencing skills as well as executive presence including the ability to talk technology with C-suite executives as well as engineers, academic audiences and IT managers
- Strong negotiator with the ability build and execute on a 90/120 day sales process/funnel
- Experience generating and developing new prospects and business markets through highly leveraged territory research and sales strategy development. High level of general business knowledge/business savvy
- Creative and innovative with an ability to think and solve problems methodically through strategy development and execution. Ability to successfully and efficiently close deals in a complex selling environment.
- Bachelor's degree required
Zemax enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through Zemax Virtual Prototyping: a range of our products and design methodologies that allows cross-functional engineering teams to get products to market faster.
Our vision is that our customers will realize faster times to market, reduced costs, and improved internal processes. Zemax is the only company that offers optical engineers and mechanical engineers the ability to work together collaboratively with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical product space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it's like to work at Zemax.