OFFICE MANAGER / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
OFFICE MANAGER / ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
We are looking for an Office Manager/Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team at Zemax Headquarters, this role will report directly to the Accounting Supervisor. This position is two-fold, your primary focus will be conducting and overseeing all office administrative and clerical duties. You will be the main point of contact for all employees regarding office related matters such as, but not limited to, main point of contact for visitors, ordering supplies, new-hire on-boarding, maintenance requests, controlling correspondence, and meeting coordination. Secondary focus will be providing Accounts Payable support to the Finance team, which includes the processing and payment of vendor invoices. Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented and has knowledge of customer service best practices. If you have exceptional organizational skills and draw energy from being part of a team, we would like to meet you.
Open to Local Candidates Only.
This position is hourly, and we are open to a flexible start time, however, we would need the employee to stay until at least 4pm every day. In order to receive benefits, employees must work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Note that unfortunately there is no option to work from home, this is a hands-on, in-office position.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures, including monitoring and purchasing supplies, office snacks, branded merchandise, etc.
- Serve as a point of contact for errands, meeting and appointments.
- On-boarding new employees, such as benefit coordination, IT/Workspace set up, assigning badges and introductions.
- Assist in travel arrangements for employees, address employee queries regarding purchasing, ordering supplies, etc
- Proactively manage outsourced IT department by being on-site point of contact, follow up on outstanding IT issues, etc.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
Accounts Payable Clerk
- Responsible for timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments
- Ensure A/P files and vendor records are maintained. This includes, scanning and filing of documents along with keeping up to date W9 and vendor contact information
- Review invoices for accuracy (documentation, approval and expense coding)
- Year-end processing of 1099 documents for vendors
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Office (word, excel)
- 2+ years previous A/P experience preferred
Zemax empowers thousands of optical engineers to bring new technologies to life. As the global leader in optical and illumination design software, Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space, from virtual reality systems to moon exploration to extreme-sport videos to self-driving cars to digital retina mapping. There is a reason that 50% of all optical engineering jobs require Zemax software experience. Check out more examples here
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and feel their employees are their greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Zemaxers flourish in a team centric environment and are visionary when it comes to what is possible through process improvements, automation and product management. You look at the challenging-but-achievable projects and don't feel daunted but inspired. You see change as something positive and enjoy being part of a larger team with diverse backgrounds.
We're looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven, Problem-Solvers, Positive, Super Smart and all-around fun.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it's like to work at Zemax.
Zemax is a global company with offices in Kirkland WA, Shanghai, Tokyo, Taipei and the United Kingdom.