Corporate IT Manager
at Zemax (View all jobs)
The Corporate IT Manager is responsible for direct management of all the company's technology systems and for ensuring the secure and streamlined operation of all business and technology systems in the organization in alignment with the goals and objectives for the company. The Corporate IT Manager is also responsible for ensuring the security of the organization's global network and IP, for ensuring company compliance to global data protection and privacy laws such as GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act, and for ensuring effective disaster recovery systems. The Corporate IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design technology systems-related activities for the business and will provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. As such, the Corporate IT Manager is expected to play an integral role both in management and execution of these activities. As a member of the company's Leadership Team, the Corporate IT Manager will work closely with peers on that team and with members of the Executive Team to grow the company using technological resources. The Corporate IT Manager will also identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization, and will define and implement technology and systems policies, procedures and best practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide input and leadership on the strategic direction for the company's technology systems and advise on technologies that may improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead development of the strategic information technology plan, processes and solutions
- Provide a secure, robust and compliant suite of business systems across a global operation
- Communicate IT and systems policy and processes throughout the business
- Work in a consultative fashion with other department heads in a manner that supports the company's culture, mission and values
- Lead system integration efforts for mergers and acquisitions
- Develop IT business and budget plans that support both short- and long-term objectives
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules and budgets, and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones
- Create and report on performance metrics related to the company's business and technology systems
- Lead the maintenance, development, upgrade and support for all database architecture used within the company's CRM systems
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and office automation equipment
- Provide recommendations on hardware/software that global employees need to do their job, and ensure employees have access to IT support.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision
- Analyze and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the company's IT infrastructure and systems and lead the implementation of approved changes
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge systems and technologies and make determinations on the probability of implementation
- Manage IT department staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions
- Management of outsourced IT resources
- Establish and maintain partnerships with external IT vendors
- Work closely with other departments to ensure web sites (intranet and internet sites) are developed and maintained to industry standards
- Work with other departments to determine functional needs of the intra/internet sites and deploy sites that are fully tested and provide the needed functionality
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Prepare/review budgets for business and technology systems plans, ensuring that maximum value is provided to the organization
- Operate areas of responsibility within approved budgets and staffing levels
- Lead presentations to Executive and Leadership teams to keep them informed of the financial status of technology initiatives and projects, performance against planned objectives, and future strategic directions and associated impact on expenses
- Evaluate external advancements in the technology industry to improve customer/user satisfaction, reduce operating expenses and maximize revenues
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements within areas of responsibility
- Act as a good steward of company resources
You are an outgoing, curious and data driven team player, you have a passion for using technology to achieve operational efficiency, accelerating the business towards its chosen strategy. You can partner with departmental managers and end users to understand points of friction in current business applications and processes and build and implement project plans to deploy IT assets to resolve them. You have:
- 10+ years experience in Information Systems or related field
- 5+ years experience in an IT Director/Manager role
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM database configuration and management
- Expertise in network security and security architecture
- Experience with cloud platform management and security
- Attention to detail, with a strong background in technology systems management and deployment
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, etc.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communications skills, with the ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff and with strong written and presentation skills
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
Eligibility: You will already have the necessary permissions to live and work in the US.
Remuneration: Competitive based on skills and experience, plus annual performance related bonus.
Role reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Zemax is a global leader in Optical and Illumination software consistently providing the tools needed for Optical and Mechanical Engineers to perform cutting edge design and virtual prototyping worldwide. Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space. From virtual reality systems, moon exploration, extreme-sport videos, self-driving cars, digital retina mapping, to all types of lenses just to name a few.
We are a growing and profitable company backed by a top tier global PE Fund. Zemax employees are our greatest asset and every employee can make a material impact.
We're looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven Problem-Solvers, Positive, Super Smart and all-around Fun.