at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
Zemax is looking for a GL Accounting Supervisor to work on the Finance team. This role oversees the general ledger of the company. Ideal candidate will demonstrate strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy in their work. Candidate should also be efficient and flexible, organized, have excellent follow-through and show an ability to prioritize multiple tasks. Position reports to the Director of Finance.
- Responsible for the general ledger (accuracy, analysis and management of)
- Lead month end and year end close
- Assist with the consolidation and preparation of financial statements
- Income statement
- Balance sheet
- Statement of cash flows
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis
- Oversee daily reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Assist in the development of processes and procedure for the department
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Assist with year-end audit
- Assist with accounting systems implementations
- Backup for payroll processing
- Other duties and projects as assigned by Director of Finance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of professional accounting experience
- CPA or equivalent experience
- Experience with accounting software (beyond QuickBooks)
- Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Great Plains (desired, not required)
- Highly organized with an ability to efficiently handle numerous projects simultaneously
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem-solving skills
Location: Corporate Office, Kirkland, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Zemax, LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Who we are and what we do:
Zemax empowers thousands of optical engineers to bring new technologies to life. As the global leader in optical and illumination design software, Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space, from virtual reality systems to moon exploration to extreme-sport videos to self-driving cars to digital retina mapping. There is a reason that 50% of all optical engineering jobs require Zemax software experience!
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical design space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last six years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. The recent strategic investment by EQT Partners positions the company to triple our sales in the next 3-5 years. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, and Japan, and will continue to open additional geographic offices in 2019.
OpticStudio is Zemax's core product, the industry standard for design and simulation software for optical and illumination designers, engineers, and researchers worldwide. In early 2016 we launched LensMechanix, a SolidWorks add-in to enable mechanical engineers to seamlessly package optical systems in the environment they know best. LensMechanix for Creo was subsequently released in the fall of 2018 to provide greater flexibility to mechanical engineers in the choice of CAD platform. As always, Zemax remains focused on decreasing time to market, enabling faster turn-around from concept to product development.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Who will love this role:
Zemaxers flourish in a team-centric environment and are visionary when it comes to what is possible through process improvements, automation and product management. You look at the challenging-but-achievable projects and don't feel daunted but inspired. You see change and experimentation as something positive and enjoy being part of a team with diverse backgrounds.
We're looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven, Constantly Improving, Problem-Solvers, Super Smart and all-around Fun.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it is like to work at Zemax!