Business Systems Analyst
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax, Stansted UK or Seattle, WA USA
About the Role
As a Business Systems Analyst at Zemax you will support and deliver a wide array of IT initiatives and applications that support various departmental and business strategic initiatives.
As a member of the Systems team you will build and maintain sources of organizational application and system knowledge, acting as a point of reference for application best practices. You will help ensure that the business is choosing the correct business applications and that end users are extracting the maximum benefit from those applications.
Primary Responsibilities and Areas of Focus
- Analyze the company's business systems and processes, recommending, defining and implementing improvements where necessary.
- Local administration, support and customization of line of business applications (e.g. CRM, GP)
- Assist in major IT projects and to manage IT projects where required
- Business intelligence. Support end users regarding self service report design and assist in back end systems management
- System documentation and knowledge transfer, including the training of end users and departmental key stakeholders.
- Keep the business up to date with upcoming functional enhancements of applications in use.
Top Three Key Outcomes in Year One:
- Assisted in delivering 2-3 in flight IT Projects.
- Assessed and made recommendations on 1-2 potential application upgrades / platform migrations.
- Designed and conducted company wide training on 1-2 key business applications / technologies.
You are an outgoing, curious and data driven team player, you have a passion for using technology to achieve operational efficiency, accelerating the business towards its chosen strategy. You can partner with departmental managers and end users to understand points of friction in current business applications and processes and build and implement project plans to deploy IT assets to resolve them.
You will hold a degree in Computer Science or another highly applicable field and have at least 3 years of experience in a business systems analyst or similar role. Ideally you will be familiar with:
- Dynamics 365 CRM
- Dynamics 365 ERP (e.g. Business Central, Operations and Finance, NAV, AX, GP)
- Azure DevOps
- Office 365 Applications, including Flow and Power Apps
- Power BI
You will be able and willing to travel between Zemax global offices as required.
Eligibility: You will already have the necessary permissions to live and work in either the USA or UK for an indefinite period.
Remuneration: Competitive based on skills and experience, plus annual performance related bonus.
Benefits: Generous 401K / Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Childcare support options.
Role reports to: IT Director
Zemax is a global leader in Optical and Illumination software consistently providing the tools needed for Optical and Mechanical Engineers to perform cutting edge design and virtual prototyping worldwide. Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space. From virtual reality systems, moon exploration, extreme-sport videos, self-driving cars, digital retina mapping, to all types of lenses just to name a few.
We are a growing and profitable company backed by a top tier global PE Fund. Zemax employees are our greatest asset and every employee can make a material impact.
We're looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven Problem-Solvers, Positive, Super Smart and all-around Fun.