Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax - Seattle, WA
We are currently looking for a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis whose primary functions are to provide accurate and data-driven information on the company's profitability, product line results, alternative investments, M&A opportunities, competition, and liquidity. You will research and analyze financial information to help the company make well informed decisions, write reports and monitor financial movements. This position will report directly to the company's CFO and is future focused as evidenced by your responsibility to maintain the company's current and five-year forecasting efforts.
- Consolidate and analyze financial data (budgets, income statement forecasts etc) considering the company's goals and financial standing
- Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance
- Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks
- Develop financial models, conduct benchmarking and process analysis
- Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance and develop forecast models
- Identify trends, advise company and recommend actions to the CFO and other senior management based on sound analysis
- Track and determine financial status by analyzing actual results in comparison with forecasts
- Consult with management to guide and influence long term and strategic decision making within the broadest scope
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Proven working experience and excellent track record in FP&A and / or as a senior financial analyst
- The position requires a strong leader who can build and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and business intelligence tools
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Detail oriented professional with proven knowledge of financial forecasting, corporate finance and information analysis
- Well informed in current financial subjects, accounting, and business environments
- Degree in Finance, Economics or related field depending on hands on experience
- A desire to work in a team-oriented environment and an inquisitive mind
Zemax is a global leader in Optical and Illumination software consistently providing the tools needed for Optical and Mechanical Engineers to perform cutting edge design and virtual prototyping worldwide. Zemax touches nearly every optical and illumination space. From virtual reality systems, moon exploration, extreme-sport videos, self-driving cars, digital retina mapping, to all types of lenses just to name a few. We are a growing and profitable company backed by a top tier global PE Fund. Zemax employees are our greatest asset and every employee can make a material impact.
We're looking for people who reflect our core values by being: Driven Problem-Solvers, Positive, Super Smart and all-around Fun.