Product Marketing Manager
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
Product Marketing Manager
The Zemax Go-To-Market team is looking for an experienced, creative thinker and self-motivated product marketer to create go-to-market strategy and develop subject matter expertise for our industry segments.
In this exciting opportunity, you'll help drive compelling content and partner with global sales as an industry expert to help drive growth. This role will be focused on sales enablement and product launch support. Impact measured from the role will include increasing demo to close conversion rates, reducing time to close, and increasing retention and renewal rates.
This role will work closely with a global sales team and customer success to arm sales with competitive insights, sales materials, and materials to aid customer in gaining internal consensus. You will need to be data driven, understand and have extensive experience supporting sales teams, comfortable working with/interviewing customers, and leading teams to develop strong content.
If your passion is product marketing, are comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and you're looking to join a dynamic, growing team in a high-impact role, we want to speak to you!
- Market intelligenceâ€”be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscapeâ€”be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer's process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Develop a marketing plan for the products you support in conjunction with our marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products, and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as a thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
- 5+ years of product marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g. delivering presentations to customers and prospects, conducting competitor analysis and market research)
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp, Smartsheet.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack and Salesforce and/or Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot and Omniture, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is â€“or isn'tâ€”working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Bachelor's degree in business or marketing; MBA preferred.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred.
Zemax enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through Zemax Virtual Prototyping: a range of our products and design methodologies that allows cross-functional engineering teams to get products to market faster.
Our vision is that our customers will realize faster times to market, reduced costs, and improved internal processes. Zemax is the only company that offers optical engineers and mechanical engineers the ability to work together collaboratively with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical product space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it's like to work at Zemax.