Key Account Manager
at Zemax (View all jobs)
Zemax USA - Seattle, WA
Key Account Manager (KAM)
The Zemax Americas Revenue team is looking for an experienced Enterprise Strategic Seller to drive sales of Zemax products within a strategic set of assigned accounts. The KAM will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, discovery, negotiation, account care and will play an integral role in the overall success of the sales team.
Zemax is the leading optical and illumination design software used by thousands of professional optical designers and engineers worldwide, including optics academics and scientific research and design organizations such as NASA.
Zemax is looking to hire a Key Account Manager that possess a strong, demonstrable background in scientific or the technical software industries to be responsible for growing and expanding our already prestigious customer base in North America.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record in selling Engineering Software to Enterprise customers, winning new business through strategic solution selling while maintaining high customer renewal rates. As part of your role, you will be a focused strategic advisor, consultant and client advocate. You will report to the America's Sales Director and be a strategic member of the Zemax sales team. As a trusted advisor and liaison you will be responsible for identifying and assessing strategic client's critical needs and work with decision makers and influencing groups to create solutions and drive customer buying decisions. You are adept at preparing and presenting technical and analytical information to clients, evidencing strong professional demeanor and extensive product knowledge with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with development, engineering, marketing and administrative team members.
Your experience will include:
- Effectively forecast and track sales opportunities, while tracking all relevant sales activities and using critical metrics that predict sales success leveraging a CRM
- Execute a complex, solution-based consultative sales process encompassing multiple groups within a strategic account
- History of over achieving quarterly and annual quotas
- Develop new business opportunities by analyzing and proactively targeting high value needs across multiple functions and business lines
- Possess the proven ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate business value; exceptional ability to succinctly sell the ROI of technical and scientific products as well as solutions
- Execute end-to-end sales activities, including: lead generation, prospecting, opportunity qualification, and engagement throughout the sales process to closure.
- Define account strategies that enable sales velocity by partnering with Solutions Engineer and necessary internal resources.
- Proactively develop unsolicited proposals that align with customer initiatives
- Demonstrated strategic solution sales and account management success, track record of exceeding quotas; recognition, awards
- Minimum of 7 years' solution sales experience or account management in software, preferably Engineering solutions to large/enterprise customers.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with Global 1000 senior line-of-business and IT executives, as well as operational managers
- Proven 'hunter' selling skills
- Passion for working with emerging technologies Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with, and effective execution of, a complex, solution-based strategic sales process
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is a constant
- Understands the difference between activity and results; solid work ethic
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with team members
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree or higher preferred
Zemax enables our customers to quickly bring new optical products to life through Zemax Virtual Prototyping: a range of our products and design methodologies that allows cross-functional engineering teams to get products to market faster.
Our vision is that our customers will realize faster times to market, reduced costs, and improved internal processes. Zemax is the only company that offers optical engineers and mechanical engineers the ability to work together collaboratively with fewer hand-offs and better workflows, which means optical products get manufactured faster without iterations of physical prototypes.
Since 1991, Zemax has been driven by people passionate about the optical product space, and that legacy continues to this day. In the last few years, Zemax has seen dramatic growth, both in sales and headcount. Headquartered in Kirkland, WA, Zemax has expanded sales and service support globally with operations in London, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Taipei.
Zemax is a company where every individual makes an impact, and employees are our greatest assets. At Zemax, you have the opportunity to work with a diverse group of energetic co-workers on projects that impact a variety of industries.
Be sure to check Zemax's Glassdoor page for more about what it's like to work at Zemax.
Zemax, LLC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.